This neighbourhood heirloom has been trading as a café and deli since 1904. We continue to uncover folklore from history but so far know that for most of the 20th century it was known as "The Bubby". During the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s is was painted blue and known as "Die Blou Kafee” until it was renamed by the Daly’s who nurtured it as the "Daily Deli” until mid 2014. Since then we've transformed it back to the neighbourhood's beacon of blue and renamed it "The Blue Cafe”. With the blue comes a strong emphasis on heritage and engaging with the neighbourhood: the cafe buys fresh produce grown by Tamboerskloof residents, trades on account with its patrons and delivers to their doors. To receive updates about what we have on sale, open an account or for feedback and suggestions please pop us an email:

The Blue Cafe
13 Brownlow Road

Tel: 021 426 0250
Open: 7h30am-10h00pm